Persons interested in this position may download more information by CLICKING THIS LINK for an Adobe PDF version.
Position Title: Recruiter
Concentration: Law Enforcement
Level of Entry: Entry Level
Agency: Fayetteville Police Department
Address: 467 Hay Street
State: NC Zipcode: 28301
Contact: Officer T. Gayles
Phone: (910) 723-4138
Email Address: Tgayles@ci.fay.nc.us
Fayetteville Police Department Officers are entrusted with the responsibility to keep our cities safe from crime and corruption. Therefore, a history of ethical and moral behavior is of the utmost importance. Your background will be looked at very closely. Applicants who have a history of unethical or immoral behavior will not be hired. You will be subjected to an intensive background evaluation, which will include, but is not limited to, the following:* Your past behavior and the choices you have made must demonstrate positive traits that will support your candidacy for Police Officer and reflect favorably on your character.
* You must have a history of lawful conduct.
* You must possess high standards of honesty and integrity as demonstrated by your dealings with individuals and organizations. Falsifying, misrepresenting, or omitting information on any document or during the selection process will be closely scrutinized.
* You must respect the rights of all people and have an appreciation for the diversity that characterizes the City of Fayetteville. A history of domestic violence, physical altercations, or discourteous, abusive, or violent treatment of others may indicate a lack of self-discipline, unwillingness or inability to cooperate, or a disregard for the rights of others.
* You must have a history of making responsible choices regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Please call to discuss your drug history prior to applying if you have used drugs to determine if you are a suitable applicant.
* Your employment and military (if applicable) histories must demonstrate the motivation and success-orientation needed to succeed as a Police Officer.
* Your financial and driving records must demonstrate responsible decisions and appropriate behavior. Please call to discuss your driving history prior to applying if you have recent charges or convictions to determine if you are a suitable applicant.
1. Must be a United States Citizen.
2. Must be a High School Graduate or have a GED. Original high school diploma or original GED with minimum total score of 225, and a minimum of 35 points for each section, required at time of application.
3. Must be at least 2O.5 years of age by the date of academy
4. Must possess a valid driver's license and have been licensed to drive for a minimum of one year, with no loss of license within the past year and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the City of Fayetteville Driving Standard. Must possess a North Carolina driver's license prior to beginning employment.
5. Veterans must provide proof of military service (DD-214). If currently in the military, the applicant must provide a letter from the military indicating ETS date.
6. Must be of good moral character with no record of conviction by any local, state, federal, or military court of a felony or Class A or Class B misdemeanors as defined by the Training and Standards Commission (.0111 )(3).
7. Must satisfactorily complete the steps listed in the Hiring Process.
New Applicants - Effective March 25, 2014
1. Complete an online application.
2. Successfully complete a Criminal History and Driving History Review
3. Pass a written examination - A passing score is a minimum of 70% on each section of the written test (Stanard & Associates, Inc.)
4. Successfully complete the Police Officer Physical Ability Test (POPAT, pre-BLET version)
5. Complete an oral Interview
6. Submit to a background Investigation
7. Complete a Polygraph Examination
8. Pass a physical examination administered by a practicing physician in the State of North Carolina, to include vision, color blindness and drug testing.
9. Complete a psychological evaluation
Application Period Begins: 05/01/2020
Application Period Ends: 12/31/2023
Number Positions to be Filled: 30
Yearly Salary: $38,000.00
(Some agencies may post only their standard hourly rate)
© 2017, BSL Systems Ltd Designed by BSL Systems Ltd